INTERNATIONAL SUMMER ART FESTIVAL 2017
INTERNATIONAL SUMMER ART FESTIVAL 2017.
From June 25th to July 30th 2017, the Polenovo Museum hosted the festival “In Search of the Holy Land”. The project was implemented thanks to the collaboration between the association Vasily Polenov and Jewish Cultural Center Nikitskaya in Moscow. The curator of the exhibition was the pianist and music producer, Basinia Shulman.
List of events during the International Summer Art Festival 2017:
Wednesday, June 21st: Music Festival by Jean-Pierre Smaggio (ud), Alexander Bruni (flute) and Félix Lahuti (violin).
Sunday, June 25th: opening of the festival
- Opening of the exhibition “Vasily Polenov in the Holy Land“.
- Opening of Alexei Naroditsky’s exhibition “The White City of Tel Aviv“.
- Concert by Dgani Tsabari, Israeli singer
- Ceramic master class led by the Israeli master, Boris Katz
- Performance followed by a lecture given by the Domovoi Theater
Sunday, July 2nd:
- Yossi Tavor’s lecture, “Blinded by the sun“
- Ud performance by Basem Al-Ashkar, with the theme “Jerusalem from the West“
Sunday, 9th July:
- Lecture by Pavel Kryuchkov entitled “Jewish questions in the work of Korney Chukovsky“
- Creative evening by the Russian-Israeli author Dina Rubina on the topic “Writer in Search of His Theme: Faces of Jerusalem“.
Sunday, July 16th:
- Conference by Dmitry Mazo, Israeli architect, with the title “White City“.
- Concert by the Israeli tenor, Aron Arari and the guitarist, Gideon Bretler
Sunday, July 23rd:
- Alexender Okun’s lecture, “A great adventure and a big disappointment“
Sunday, July 30th, closing of the festival:
- Theatrical and musical performance orchestrated by Leonid Kanevsky and Basinia Shulman
- Lakocha Group Concert
For any questions, please contact the press service of the POLENOVO Museum by phone at 8 (48734) 3-38-38 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org